take extreme care near lookouts & cliffs!
Carry drinking water, use sun protection.
Leura Cascades was the location of Leura Baths, one of many
swimming baths constructed in the Blue Mountains by damming a creek.
Picnic & playground area
Looking straight down from the Round Walk, near the
mouth of the canyon.
Photos: ©2000 D. Martin
Right: the lower pool in about 1950. There were two pools, the sexes
Photo: Arthur Martin
Times are only approximate.
- Above Cliff Line
- Leura Cascades
- Short & easy walk down the canyon to the top of Bridal Veil
Falls. No steep stairs, suitable for most people.
- Prince Henry Cliff Walk
- Extensive cliff-top walk with many exits. 2hrs to Echo Point,
1¼hrs to Gordon Falls Picnic Area, grade medium. More
- Round Walk
- Includes cascades walk.
- Bridal Veil Falls - Lookout
- Follow Prince Henry Cliff Walk towards Gordon Falls. Shortcut
via road over arch bridge, join Cliff Walk about 200m after
reaching Cliff Drive.
- Below First Line of Cliffs
- Bridal Veil Falls - Base
- Path leaves Round Walk & descends via a canyon. Continues to
- Fern Bower Walk
- Leaves Cliff Walk near Jamiesons Lookout. From Cliff Drive -
Kiah Lookout, Explorer Bus stop 14.
Circuit 2-3hrs via Bridal Veil Falls base, grade medium.
- Below Second Line of Cliffs
- Fern Bower Walk
- Descends from Jamiesons Lookout to Leura Forest. From Cliff
Drive - Kiah Lookout, Explorer Bus stop 14. Kiah Lookout to base
of Scenic Railway via Dardanelles & Federal Passes. 3hrs,
- Dardenelles Pass
- Leura Forest to Giant Stairway
following base of cliff.
- Federal Pass
- Leura Forest to Giant Stairway, then on to Furber Steps &
bottom of Scenic Railway. More
- Lindemanns Pass
- Neither signposted, maintained nor promoted by NPWS. Experienced
bushwalkers only. Leaves Fern Bower Walk below Linda Falls,
follows base of cliffs to Valley of the Waters. 7hrs, hard grade.
Cliff-ledge section of the Round Walk.
Photo from Bridal Veil Lookout with 200mm lens. ©2001 D. Martin
Bushwalking in the Katoomba & Leura Area, NSW
National Parks & Wildlife Service. Aprox. $4.00 from information
centres & local shops.