take extreme care near lookouts & cliffs!
Carry drinking water, use sun protection.
Olympian Rock. Looking across to Mt
Solitary, Narrow Neck & beyond.
© 2001 D. Martin
- Times are only approximate.
- Gordon Falls Picnic Area, Lone Pine Ave, Leura
- Display map, toilets &
drinking water, picnic area, lookout.
- Olympian Rock, Olympian Pde
- Lookout. Adjacent to Toy
& Railway Museum, 3km from Leura railway station. See
- Leura Cascades, Cliff Drive
- Road access & EB15*, display map, toilets &
drinking water, picnic area, stairs to Federal Pass.
1¼hrs from Gordon Falls Picnic area, medium grade.
- Kiah Lookout, Cliff Drive
- Start of Fern Bower Walk down to Leura Forest, Dardanelles Pass
& Federal Pass. Kiah Lookout to base of Scenic Railway via
Dardanelles & Federal Passes 3hrs, medium grade.
- Honeymoon Lookout, Cliff Drive
- Road access & EB13*.
- Tallawarra, Minnamurra & Lady Carrington Lookouts
- Giant Stairway &
- Concrete path from here to Echo Point.
- Echo Point, Cliff Drive
- Local buses, toilets &
drinking water, picnic area, information centre, food & souvenirs,
2hrs from Leura Cascades, medium grade.
- Katoomba Cascades, Cliff Drive
- Road access, EB9*, picnic area.
- Katoomba Falls Reserve, Cliff Drive
- Display map, local buses, kiosk, top
of Furber Steps. Adjacent to caravan park.
1hr from Echo Point, medium grade.
- Scenic Railway, Cliff Drive
- Local buses, toilets & drinking
water, picnic area, information centre, food & souvenirs.
¼hr from Katoomba Cascades, easy grade.
- * EB11 or
symbolises Explorer Bus stop number.
Below the cliffs, Federal Pass runs from near Leura Cascades past
the bottom of the Giant Stairway, Furber Steps, Scenic Railway &
on to Narrow Neck. Dardanelles Pass runs parallel from Leura Forest to
Giant Stairway - less climbing & more ferns.
View toward Kings Tableland
© 2001 Peter Green
Bushwalking in the Katoomba & Leura Area, NSW National
Parks & Wildlife Service. Aprox. $4.00 from information
centres & local shops.