soil nourishes beautiful cool-climate gardens,
overlooking the densely forested Jamison Valley & Blue
Mountains National Park.
Views & Walks
- Distances - approximate from railway station.
- Gordon Falls Picnic Area - 3.5km
- Walk to Gordon Falls Lookout, Pool of Siloam
- Leura Cascades Picnic
Area - 5km
- Easy canyon walk to top of Bridal Veil Falls. Substantial hike
via Leura Forest, Dardenelles & Federal Passes to Giant
Stairway or Scenic Railway.
- Prince Henry Cliff
Walk - 3km
- Cliff top walk. West to Scenic Railway via Echo Point, east
to Sublime Point.
- Sublime Point Lookout - 10km
- Excellent 270 degree view - Wentworth Falls, Katoomba Kanimbla
Valley & mountains beyond Lake Burragorang.
|Leura Mall features galleries, boutiques & other specialty shops.
Springtime sees the blossom trees erupt in colour in time for the Leura Village Fair in
Photo: © 1998 D. Martin
Gladstone Coalmine had a brief life in the 1880's, with an incline
railway being constructed into the valley.
Sir Frederick Darley's "Lilianfels", 1890, was the first substantial
||Overlooking Kanimbla Valley, Kings Tableland in the background. In the far right
background is the Cox's River & Lake Burragorang (not visible) with a vast wilderness
Photo: © 1995 D. Martin